Cloud Eggs. Move over poached and so long over-easy — there's an even happier way to eat eggs. Say hello these nests of puffy whipped egg whites with a sunshine yolk center. Create a small indent in the centre of the egg whites with the back of a spoon.
The method is also quite versatile, perfect for playing around with different flavors by changing the type of cheese used, adding minced herbs, even stirring in some crumbled bacon or a few spices. Then the results can be eaten all on their own, used to top salads or grain bowls, or set upon an. Line a baking sheet with a silicone liner (such as Silpat®) and butter lightly. You can cook Cloud Eggs using 2 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cloud Eggs
- You need of oeufs.
- You need of Sel, poivre, persil, baies..
Reserve the yolk in a separate, smaller bowl. Cloud eggs, also known as eggs in a cloud, are whipped egg whites that are baked, then topped with the egg yolk, and baked again, until it's cooked as desired. Some people like to take the chill off and not have it at all set, while others like to cook it longer so that it's set and cooked through. Cloud eggs or eggs nests, whatever you call them they are a delightful way to prepare eggs!
Cloud Eggs instructions
- Séparer les blancs des jaunes. Gardez les jaunes individuellement, c'est important pour la suite. (dans un ramequin ou un verre chacun par exemple).
- Ajouter du sel, du poivre, au goût aux blancs et les monter en neige..
- Déposer des nuages de blancs en neige sur une feuille de papier sulfurisé ou dans des ramequins préalablement beurrés. Faites un petit creux au centre et cuire à 180 8mn.
- A la sortie du four, ajouter un jaune au centre de chaque nuage et enfourner à nouveau pour 3/4mn..
- Bonne dégustation 😊.
You basically whip up the egg whites, form cloud or nest shapes with the whipped egg whites, and plop the egg yolk in the center, and bake. Oh yes, and some grated cheese is folded into the whipped egg whites. More cheesy structure for the nest. To make cloud eggs, you take an egg, separate the yolk from the white, then whip up the whites into a meringue. Spoon some meringue onto a baking sheet, plop the egg yolk on top, and bake the whole thing in the oven.