Jiko baked vanilla raisins cake. Light a jiko and when ready put a big sufuria with three sizeable stones inside it and a lid with hot charcoal on top for preheating. No oven cake/vanilla spongecake recipe/bake vanilla cake without an oven/mawe tatu kenyan cake. HOW TO BAKE A MARBLE CAKE USING A CHARCOAL JIKO
Cookpad helped me bake my first cake. Make sure the dough is not lumpy.line the sufuria using margarine.spread the mixture on the base of the sufuria. Banana Rum Raisin Cake Coriander Cooks. You can have Jiko baked vanilla raisins cake using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jiko baked vanilla raisins cake
- You need of self raising flour.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of margarine.
- It’s of vanilla essence.
- You need of eggs.
- It’s of milk.
- It’s of Raisins.
Simple vanilla cake recipe (charcoal jiko baked). If you make a purchase using the links included,. · add the two eggs and stir thoroughly until it makes a fine mixture. A freshly baked cake smothered in frosting makes an irresistible homemade dessert. This cake was sent home from our children's school.
Jiko baked vanilla raisins cake instructions
- Light a jiko and when ready put a big sufuria with three sizeable stones inside it and a lid with hot charcoal on top for preheating.
- Mix sugar and margarine in a bowl and mix well to form a paste using a mixer.
- Separate egg whites from the yolks.
- Add in egg whites and mix with a mixer then add then the yolks and mix well with a mixer.
- Add the flour and milk a little at a time while folding using a spatula.
- Using a mixer mix everything well to form batter.
- Sprinkle some raisins randomly in to the batter.
- Take a smaller sufuria,smear margarine in the inside and sides of it, then dust it with flour.
- Pour your batter into it the dusted sufuria.
- Check the jiko and add some charcoal if needed.
- Put the small sufuria in to the bigger one.
- Slowly put the lid on top to avoid the hot charcoal from dropping in to the batter.
- Leave it to bake for about an hour,and don't check it for the first 25 mins.
- When ready, remove it and cool it.
- You can cut in the middle for decoration if you want.
- Decorated mine but still working to be perfect at it.
This cake was sent home from our children's school. It is the simplest, great tasting cake I've ever made. And it actually tastes just like a really good sugar It's an easy method to remember the ratio of ingredients. The bake time will vary slightly. You can cook Simple vanilla cake recipe (charcoal jiko.